Sunday, December 27, 2009

Fake nails from Claire's vs a salon or cosmetology school?

What is the quality of Claire;s compared to getting them done at a salon or beauty school? I know that I have tried press-on nails awhile back from Target or Kmart (forget which) that popped off no sooner that you just looked at them. And I also had fiberglass ones done at the beauty school my sister attended that were great (the first set popped off cuz the girl didn't know what she was doing and the set my sister did stayed on with no problems).Fake nails from Claire's vs a salon or cosmetology school?
I feel that if you are truly making an ';investment'; in purchasing a set of nails to keep on for a long period of time then I would most definitely suggest going to a well established salon. There are quite a few problems that can be caused by having nails put on by someone who really doesn't know what they are doing. I had an experience one where I went to a salon and at the last minute they had to change my appt. So I decided to just use another tech (who happened to be quite new) she filed my nail bed down till it bled. Talk about some pain. Anyway....I think however if you just want nails for say a weekend just get a good set of press ons. I would suggest having someone help put them on to make them really look good. You can make press ons look good too. I just know that they usually don't last nearly as long as an acrylic set done professionally. With press ons too make sure you don't go anywhere without some nail glue. Nothing more embarrassing that having just one odd ball broken nail. Ugh!!! Good luck!!Fake nails from Claire's vs a salon or cosmetology school?
go to a salon
Don't go to Claire's for anything like that, Piercings, Nails, etc. The quality SUCKS. Go to a salon for the best quality.
go 2 a nail's salon then ur nails will stay on.

No comments:

Post a Comment