Saturday, January 23, 2010

R&S Poll: Are ';Tips'; aka fake nails pretty or trashy in your opinion?

Yesterday a woman gasped when I told her my age and said she had thought I was a ';young kid';. I'm normally asked what high school I go to (I'm turning 21 in two days), but ';young kid'; is a new low.





I'm thinking I need some nice fake nails to age me a bit. What do you think? Pretty or trashy?





Oh yeah, sorry for bringing this sort of thing into this section, but I can't stomach polls and surveys.R%26amp;S Poll: Are ';Tips'; aka fake nails pretty or trashy in your opinion?
tacky





i like the natural look... a woman who is who she is; not what others tell her she should be





sword handling counts for something too, arrrrrgh!R%26amp;S Poll: Are ';Tips'; aka fake nails pretty or trashy in your opinion?
Priscilla -





First of all, I have done expirements which proved beyond a doubt that all questions should be posted in this section. Basically my wife had some legitimate (non-religious) questions and I told her to post them here. She insisted on posting the the appropriate category as well.





Long story short, posting in the appropriate category results in few if any answers. On the other hand, R/S is FULL of people, so some of them are bound to know something about any subject.








To answer your original question, I am not a fan of long nails in general. And looking young is not a terrible thing, by any means.





Cheers,





Jason
Personal opinion (no offense meant to anyone, and I'm so sorry if I offend, really seriously) -





I think they are trashy.





But that's just the kind of girl I am. I never paint my nails and I keep them really short. I'm also not a proper girl at all so you probably shouldn't listen to me at all. I mean really, I don't know how to put on makeup right and I have bad fashion sense.
Kinda tacky, sorry.


I totally know where you're coming from about people thinking you're younger than you are; I'm 20 and sometimes people still think I'm in high school :(





(PS, please don't tell my co-workers I said that about fake nails! I'm definitely in the minority on the subject in my office. :P )
Well, I guess I'm just sick and tired of people judging others because I knew everyone was going to say ';trashy';......





Here's the deal, very long dragon nails painted green with jewels embedded in them and even little rings does not scream ';mature individual'; HOWEVER if you really must have this style because you happen to like it or want to try it out than DO IT even though you know the majority of people think it's trashy. (what does trashy mean in relation to nails anyway?) Who cares?! Those same people are probably afraid to try new things and don't ';live'; their lives.





I like short nails myself.
Yeah the ones from the nail salons are getting trashier and the press-ons are getting fancier, so there's hardly a difference anymore. I think a French manicure looks good either way, although the nail salons will put the white part too low on the fingernail sometimes and it looks creepy.
I think it shows that a lady takes care of herself and takes pride in how she looks.


My wife gets hers done every other Saturday. There are times it is a real financial struggle but it makes her feel good and she is worth ever penny of it.


My wife prefers a french manicure, but every once in a while she will get a design on them.


I love it all as long as they don't look like Flo Joe's.
I've seen some I thought were nice. I'm not much into them for myself, though. The only fake nails I really don't like are the ones that are done with garish colors.





Enjoy your youthful looks. I just posted an answer in which I mentioned using honey as a facial to combat the signs of aging at forty-seven.





=)
The reason you shouldn't bring it up in this section is because it is a shallow question. People in this section should worry about their souls, not their nails. The only nails I find important are the three nails that nailed my Savior to a cross.
Yeah, I think it depends on what kind. If they look like claws, that's trashy...If they look clean, well kept, mature, then that might help.





I'm still available for math tutoring too.
Depends on what they look like. A nice French manicure looks professional, pink nails with little flowers on them are trashy.
nice nails look classy


long, bright trashy ones look trashy
They're pretty as long as you dont do something too over-the-top :)
Trashy :)
eeeeh i'm leaning more towards trashy : / if you get them shorter they might look pretty i guess..
They look lame, to be honest.
fake nails are not trashy (if you mean the french manicure ones).
If they break when they are scratching my back i dislike them. So trashy and not in a good way.





_()_

No comments:

Post a Comment