Wednesday, January 13, 2010

25 weeks pregnant..Fake nails: ive heard too many different stories:?

Can I get my nails done while pregnant. (fake nails, otherwise known as a full set with tips) i heard something about the acitone smell being capable of hurting the baby? anybody confirm or deny??25 weeks pregnant..Fake nails: ive heard too many different stories:?
you should be fine, but u dont need to breathe the chemicals. good luck **25 weeks pregnant..Fake nails: ive heard too many different stories:?
Any harsh chemicals should be avoided during pregnancy because they carry risks to the unborn child. However, as long as you are only going once a month or less to a well ventilated place to get your nails done, you should be fine. Try to get the fastest procedure they offer; the faster you get in and out the less risk you are exposed to. I would think a goal of getting in and out within 15-20 minutes should be the goal time.
I am 10 weeks pregnant, and I got my nails done the other day, then panicked because I forgot if it was okay or not. I have an appointment with my OB today, so I'm going to ask. But I know quite a few women who had their nails done through their entire pregnancies. I'm not too worried. If we listened to every ';no-no'; during pregnancy, we'd have nothing to eat and never leave the house. So, I go by what my OB says and not what everyone else's ';advice';.
I have heard that some doctors with certain patients do not want you do have fake nails because one of the ways they check if you body is getting enough oxygen is by looking at the color under your nail. I know a lot of women who's doctors have told them it is okay. Probably just depends on your situation and doctor. Personally I would have asked my doctor first but I am also just paranoid :P
It's perfectly fine. The smell can't hurt your baby, although since we ladies are more sensitive to smells during pregnancy it might make you sick. But your baby will be fine.
yes you can, this question has been asked on here before, and the only down side about getting them done while pregnant is that the smell might make you feel a little sick but other then that your Absolutely fine to get them done.


hope i helped.
I would deny because I always see pregnant ladies at the salon. Anyway while they do it you could ask them if you could have one of the litttle masks they use. They have tons of them...


Good Luck. :)
The acetone won't hurt. But one thing you have to consider when getting nails put on at a salon is the risk of infection, that can be dangerous.
From what I have heard that is fine...if anything ask your nail tech for one of their masks. Just like most chemicals try not to breathe in the acetone. Girl go get your nails done...

No comments:

Post a Comment