Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is getting fake nails bad for your real ones?

my nails are pretty and they grow long but i always bite them and i wanted to try something new but i dont want to ruin my nails if i do get my nails done will it ruin my real nail, if i get them once will i have to keep getting it done?Is getting fake nails bad for your real ones?
STAY AWAY FROM SALONS THAT USE A DRILL. This is VERY damaging to the nail bed. Dont go cheap either. The places that charge 20-25$ are not the best





Where I live many of them also use DENTAL ACRYLIC!!! I know because I am licensed and recieve reports about the salons that are in trouble. They should be using the product with the manufacturers label on the bottle. Many who use the DENTAL ACRYLIC will not have the bottle anywhere to be seen.





Also the nail tech should be using a fresh nail file. It is ILLEGAL to use the file on more than one person. Some files can be santized, and should be sanitized in front of you.





I sometimes wear acrylic and I have very strong nails.....no damage here. But I also know what Im doing





You could also get an acrylic overlay over your natural nail without the fake tips.





Good LuckIs getting fake nails bad for your real ones?
yes and exspecially if you get them on alot...i had the on and very rarley get them on and it hurts when i take them off and my finger nails become really soft and the tend to bend...but the fake ones look nice..
well my mom wont let me because she says it gets expensive to keep getting them done bout' 30$ i think its worth it buhh if your original nails are pretty why buy fake? put nail polish remover on your original nails so eachtime you try and bite your nails it will taste badd so you will refuse.so keep em' growng%26lt;3 [:
It depends on the manicurist. Some of them can be hard on your nails if you go to cheap places. A good manicurist will care for your nails while they are covered by acrylics/gel. It may cost you. Ask for recommendations.
Getting fake nails once is ok, and no you don't have to keep getting them done if you only do it once. but getting fake nails put on all the time is really bad for your nails
yes my mom had them done for about 7 years and now her nails are horrible! and they hurt when she tries to do something that involves pressing DON'T GET THEM DONE! instead try something like putting some sort of flavor that you hate or a bitter flavor.
I have herd it is .My nails get brittle from just useing nail polish .


You also can get infections from fake nails .
I wore acrylics for over ten years without any problems. I got tired of being tied to an appointment every other week. It took me six months total for my nails to grow out, and now my nails are pretty darned nice. My nail tech was great and did a superb job, no infections ever!
No,


Fake nails will not harm your real nails..
yes..





I used to get then done on a constant basis.. about 8 years straight..I have not had them done in over a year now, my nails have not grown right since..they are not healthy and permanently damaged..
Absolutly! especially when yuor trying to grow them or if you have really thin and brittle nalis can cause some serious damage. its always best to get your nails done with your REAL NAILS
yes it is bad (fungus , weakens nails , ruins nail beds, leaves the nail beneath useless) but hey they grow out. go for it
yes.
try gel nails. they look really natural and they don't hurt your real nails at all. stay away from acrylic nails, which can really hurt your real nails. gels will be more expensive at the getgo and a little more expensive everytime you get them filled, but they're not THAT much more than acrylics and totally worth it!
I think it really depends on how long you have your nails done, (months vs. years) and how healthy your nails are before you start the acrylics.





I personally get my nails done every once in awhile, and my nails grow back quickly, and perfectly fine. I don't keep going back and getting them filled, though, I only get tips every 4 months or so.
YES!! Don't do it!! Get a manicure instead.





I used to get acrylics put on my nails, its expensive, high maintenance, and they totally ruined my nails where 2 years on I still have a lot of problems growing them.





Get a manicure, it might be what you need to stop biting them!
yes. for fasion u can do this. goood luck.
yes, don't do it

No comments:

Post a Comment