Friday, January 15, 2010

Any of you horseback riders have fake nails?

jw if it makes things harder to do with them on! :)Any of you horseback riders have fake nails?
OMG! OMG!!! You just brought back a 37 year old memory!!!





Senior Prom 1971!!! I did the whole girly thing, hair permed, fake nails applied, the WORKS! I have to say I did look stunning except for the fact that I was tan from the NECK UP! Good thing choker necklaces were in style that year!





Next day at the ranch:





Climbed on board my QH mare, grabbed a wrangle whip and BOINGGGGG...There went the FIRST nail... By the end of the day, all 10 were buried in the dirt somewhere down Sea Horse Trail... ROFLOL





I've only tried acrylics ONCE and that was only when I shattered a thumbnail just before my cousin's wedding. Trimmed it up short after the wedding and when it grew out, chopped it off.Any of you horseback riders have fake nails?
Haha i know this has nothing to do wtih answering your question (yes they probly would be a nuisance when wroking around horses or animals for that matter) but anyways this girl in my class haha i still cant believe she did this she superglued fake nails onto her real fingernail(funny as) but yeah to answer your question they probably would be a bit nuisance. Truthfully i wouldn't have them on ;)
fake nails arnt always disgustingly tacky, okay their not my favorite things but im attempting to stop biting my nails and those taste varnishes dont work so ive been putting on fake nails and cutting/fileing them down sooo much so they look like normal nails like, just to the same length as my finger tips and there fine and have allowed my real nails to grow as i cant bite plastic!





big long talons arnt a great look though anyway!


plus, this time of year im always wearing gloves so they dont get mud up them and dont tend to fall off either!!





for a long term solution id suggest growing your own to n attractive but not extreme length :)





you can have your cake and eat it too!!
I've never worn them, never will. I find them extremely tacky and ugly, and they look like something you'd wear on halloween.





My friend wears them, and once when she was running poles the nail had a small crack in the side of it. (it was fake), and the reins (they were a soft, poly material) got caught on it and ripped one of her fake, and real nail off. Not pretty.





I dont think they are cute, and i think that they can become sort of a danger to you when you ride.. not a bad one but like what happened to my friend..
This is such a funny question as I was just talking about this subject with my friend...LOL I love long nails and the French manicure is my fav....but.....it HURTS like H@LL when you smash your nails and they dont break and its hard to wear gloves, tighten girths, braid and many other things plus getting really dirty and not being able to get clean so I took them off but I miss them!
Haha No I coiuld never be able to do that...





1.they would collect dirt and be very gross


2. I would poke myself a lot- like if I had to scratch my face...


3. I would poke the horse or someone else by mistake


4. Ugly and fake looking


5. To expensive... Prefer spending it on stuff I can use and riding lessons!


6. It would make it hard to hold the reigns or tack up too.
My friend was going to beauty school and she had a test on putting acrylic tips on and I got to be the lucky guinea pig... I ended up having one of them ripped off under my saddle about half way down my real nail. It hurt so much.


Don't get them. They're a waste of money and it makes it harder to ride.
I made that stupid choice when I went to a Dressage competition.


They are fine when you are holding rein but when you are in the middle of doing up a fat ponies girth they are not the best thing ever. Even with nail harderer. (I had to get my friend to do up the girth!)


I find it eaiser with short nails... mind you I bite mine.
I tried that and they got caught under my saddle when I was tacking up. IT HURT! So I don't go down that road... Besides, when I got my nails off my real nails were thin and weak- not good for anything with horses. But when showing, it does look polished and professional to be groomed nicely
Nope, I don't have them, and I don't plan to. Horses and pretty nails don't mix. Even if you just paint your nails they will start to chip in the barn. Also, you will look pretty foolish with fake nails in a horse barn. Not a great idea.
I've had fake nails before and they can be a pain because of the fact they could break much easier. But now, I have nice long real nails and theyre still a pain sometimes. :]
they break easier but if you have a nail hardener on and the nails aren't too long it's not as bad... but stuff gets stuck under there really easy and i don't recommend it
No, I have good natural nails but I need to keep them super short - the other day one half ripped off because it was too long when I was out working with the horses.
I had to make a decision long ago it's ether my horse or my nails cause the two don't fit well together, so I chose my horse.
of coarse they a harder to ride with. don't do it. if your horse spooks than you might damage your nail with or without gloves.
It sure does.


Been there


Done that


AINT GOING THERE AGAIN!!


It's pretty painful when they come off!
Some I know, but they look tacky and horrible. They break off and are not good for riding.
I dont use them.


Its extremely hard when my mare is acting up and im trying to work with her.
HA! Not anymore!
No. Even if I did, they wouldn't last very long.
i hate fake nails

No comments:

Post a Comment