Monday, May 10, 2010

Fake nails and hair color while pregnant...?

I'v been told they are really bad to do when your pregnant..anyone have anything bad happen from getting one or the other done?? what do you think about it?Fake nails and hair color while pregnant...?
My doctor has advised me not to do either. The chemicals from the nails can cause adverse affects with the baby. You also carry a lot of bacteria underneath your finger nails so when the baby is born you have to worry about that.





Dying your hair while pregnant is not a good idea for 2 reasons. 1. is your hormones are out of wack, my friend tried to dye her hair black it came out reddish-pink. 2. is the chemicals aren't proven to go through your scalp but it's possible and that alone is bad for your baby, mixed in with the chemicals again is even worse.





Try not to any of it, especially in the first trimester.Fake nails and hair color while pregnant...?
I have the same concern! I wouldn't risk doing either just incase. That baby is so precious!
I did my hair with my first nothing happened or wrong..and i color my hair with my second.I use fans so i wont breath much in
I don't know about the nails, but dieing your hair is bad while your pregnant because the chemicals could harm the baby.
its not bad to get done after the first trimester. However if you work in a salon or a nail salon you are sometimes told to take leave because of the constant exposure to chemicals. I would just wait until after 3 months
I get my nails done every 2 weeks. As long as the smell of the chemicals doesn't make you sick, you're good to go! and it makes you feel better to be pampered every once in a while :)
Mainly just the fumes in the nail shop are irritating. Don't know about fake hair, but I dyed my hair all thru my pregnancies. Many women do spend their pregnancies with their hair and nails done.
I'm not sure how safe they are - you should ask your doctor about that - but hormonal changes in pregnancy can make your hair react pretty wacky to hair dyes. What might normally turn out brown can come out neon orange, for example
I disagree with the first answer. Hair color is fine. I am a hair stylist and i am around the fumes all day everyday. The dr told me it was fine as long as it is a well ventilated area. I would stay away from bleach on the scalp though.
my sister is a hairstylist and she said it is fine to get hair colored as long as the dye doesnt contain ammonia. I am not sure about nails... but i cant imagine it being an issue as there is nothing getting into your skin.
nails no perfectly fine to do, i asked my dr and i get mine done all the time, hair coloring on the other hand no way , the smell is so bad for u dont do it

No comments:

Post a Comment