Monday, May 10, 2010

My nails break, is there a solution to harden them? i dont want to put fake nails.?

I used to have soft, peeling nails so I stopped using a nail clipper and only use a nail file to shape and shorten them. I also started protecting my nails with thicker moisturizers to protect them from exposure to water which dries them out %26amp; makes them brittle.





I read somewhere that nail clippers can cause the layers of the nail to separate and filing is the best way to go.





I started with Revlon's disposable files made for weak nails. File in one direction only. Start on one side and file towards the middle, then go to the other side and file towards the middle of your nail. Smooth the nail into a squoval that mirrors you cuticle or the shape of the white part of your nail bed.





Finish the edges of the nail with a hindo stone, a smooth ceramic/stone nail file or the finest grit nail file you can find. You want to make the edges really smooth.





Revlon makes a tool that should work. It is a pink half moon shape and you can run it under/across the nail from side to middle.





(I have an old hindo stone but haven't been able to find a replacement at a local store. The Revlon tool might be easier for you to find.)





Also, avoid using metal nail files. I recommend using disposable nail files and changing them frequently. The fresher the grit, the less the drag which leads to tearing and peeling.





Some people swear by glass nail files but they can shatter if dropped.





I also use a cuticle balm or nail oil to moisturize my nails and protect them from water since I wash my hands frequently.


(ex. Solar Oil, OPI Avoplex)





Vit E oil, jojoba oil, Aquaphor Healing Ointment, Vaseline or plain Chapstick will work too.





Avoid products w/ formaldehyde or toluene, they are very hard on nails.My nails break, is there a solution to harden them? i dont want to put fake nails.?
hi, i tried putting extracts of garlic on my nails or i rub the garlic itself on it as advised by the olds. It worked with me and thickened / hardened my nails after a week. It might be good for your nails, too. You may do it as often as you want.





good luck!My nails break, is there a solution to harden them? i dont want to put fake nails.?
Your hair and nails are like the waste of nutrients of your body, everything your body doen't need at that time, so if you are eating healthy you should have good nails and good hair. You better check what you are eating. Garlic is the best thing you can use to harden your nail, you can buy at any store cleat nail polish of garlic, the smell is not that good, but it works.
OPI Nail Envy will help strengthen your nails... also, drink more milk and/or eat gelatin. You can add a teaspoon of unflavored gelatin to a glass of juice every day and drink that; it should help.





Remember that it's going to take a while to strengthen up your nails... you'll have to grow off the weak part of the nail before you see the results.
calcium intake orallly
if you look at any store who sells nail polish, you can find nail strengthening polish in just about any color =)
Buy a nail strengthener. And some come in tints if you want a little color. Also when your nail rips a little but you don't want to cut it off get a nail sealer, like Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails: Hard As Wraps
There is nail strengthening nail polish you can buy at any store.
Avon has a length and strength complex that I use and I swear by...it makes my nails grow like crazy and makes them so strong.
I just keep nail polish on my nails and they dont break
Start by incorporating a B-vitamin (B complex) into your daily intakes -- that'll strengthen your nails -BIGTIME ! And stay away from the fakes for a while -- not good for you. (I know this from various girlfriends...ok ok I know from experience...lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment